Monday 15 September 2014

New project

Our new project is here, we also have a new tutor, and we get to decide what we want to do for our own work, I know I've wanted to do Character designing and character animation since before the summer, so I know Its definitely what I'm glad I've chosen.

After choosing our modules we were then asked to start our Learning plans, this would be setting out what we wanted to do in our work and what we hoped to achieve, I had a lot to write, but I knew what I wanted to do. I was pleased that I got a lot written down.

I then went onto the VLE as I knew this is where all the project briefs were so I could go over everything incase I needed to get anything else before I started.

On the project brief I always note down the Reading, resources and references list. As I know that this list is very useful in helping towards my research and development work.


The one book that I thought was most relevant to my project was Digital character animation 3 by Maestri, G. (2006). This was available and I got it out, I wasn't looking into getting information from the whole of the book as most of it was on 3D animation, but the pages of information on 2D animation I know I can take notes on.





 

At home I have been going through the book, and I have gotten a lot of notes, all very useful towards my work, these include :
 

“Make choices that communicate the characters personality visually”

“Characters should be well proportioned and appealing to the eye, Even the Villain should be appealing, particularly if it's in a delightfully gruesome way”

“Avoid criticizing your work during the creative process, critique is important, but should happen during revision, not creation.”

 Sketch on paper rather than on computer, computer gets too technical whereas drawing on paper with pencil is more free

Design falls into two very broad categories – realistic and stylized, with a lot of gray area in between.

This book gave me a really good idea as well on characters personality, so I have been looking at different personalities and picking some which I feel I might want to pursue in creating my project. 

Here are some examples of personalities that I looked at, and tried to add notes as to what I would include in the character designs.



-          Quiet (Headphones)

-          Serious (Evil grin when doing art)

-           Sensitive and kind (Cuddling pet or friend, doing good deed upset at someone’s remark)

-          Do not like conflict (Breaking up a fight, crying over a fight, or angry at a fight)

-          not likely to do things which may generate conflict (Tip toeing around people, avoiding saying things)

-           Loyal and faithful (Bringing something back for a friend, comforting a friend)

-          Extremely well-developed senses and aesthetic appreciation for beauty. (Photographer, Sit in park sketching, Tattoos, Dyed hair, Self love, Flowers)

-          Not interested in leading or controlling others. (A little anxious, letting others lead)

-           Flexible and open-minded. (Happy with decisions, eager to try new things)

-           Likely to be original and creative. Enjoy the present moment. (Photography, happy enjoying most things, Playing instrument, writer, sewing, painting, Sculpting, fashion, computer art)




 

2 comments:

  1. Informative blog! it was very useful for me.Thanks for sharing. Do share more ideas regularly.
    Village Talkies a top-quality professional corporate video production company in Bangalore and also best explainer video company in Bangalore & animation video makers in Bangalore, Chennai, India & Maryland, Baltimore, USA provides Corporate & Brand films, Promotional, Marketing videos & Training videos, Product demo videos, Employee videos, Product video explainers, eLearning videos, 2d Animation, 3d Animation, Motion Graphics, Whiteboard Explainer videos Client Testimonial Videos, Video Presentation and more for all start-ups, industries, and corporate companies. From scripting to corporate video production services, explainer & 3d, 2d animation video production , our solutions are customized to your budget, timeline, and to meet the company goals and objectives.
    As a best video production company in Bangalore, we produce quality and creative videos to our clients.

    ReplyDelete